Saturday, February 15

Anit-Military

It seems my entire life
The military has micromanaged and supervised me.  Sometimes, I look out the window and say to myself "it's all so temporary!  In a couple of months, I'll be hundreds of miles away, and my heart ripped to pieces again."  Friends, my house (I can't really call it a home - I've never had one of those) and this past move my dad - just gone.  To tell the truth, I feel like the man in "Fiddler on the roof"  Have you seen that movie?  In it, there is a Jewish family living in Russia.  They are poor and not a very fortunate family.  In it the movie, the father asks God, "you know, it's great to be your chosen people and all, but for just once, can't you choose some one else?"  And that's how I feel.  It's not just everyone in the military.  I have a pair of best friends in New Jersey who are my age and just moved for the first time that they could remember.  It sometimes seems that everything that could happen to us (being the military) has happened.  I don't want advice.  I don't want pity.  I don't want any "I had the exact feeling when I was a kid".  I just want to put this everlasting observation out into the cosmic expanse, which I know is copied almost word for word from You've Got Mail but it sounds good anyone.

Random question: does it seem to all those military peoples that they always paint the housing with the exact same color of off-white?

It's a good thing I don't speak my mind about the military, because otherwise I'm sure that black un-marked vans with men in suits and sunglasses would come and drag me away (by the way, in case you can't tell, that was supposed to be a very bad joke).  So I don't.  And if you happen to see me in person don't ask me.

Random question:  did anyone see Frozen or the Lego Movie?  They were both really good.

1 comment:

Ali Basye said...

The Lego movie is next on my list. I hear it is excellent!