Thursday, April 10

GermX

I have an
Article that I want to share.

Too Much
is 
Too Much
Teachers still fight a losing battle against students

In the bowels of a building, deep down in the stomach of a beast, lies a school that is almost completely undisturbed at any hour of the day.  At least, usually....

The students of SHAPE Academy (a prestigious but small school of less than 75 students) can sometimes be found, not doing their assigned schoolwork, but endeavoring in a much more dubious affair.  For, as our reporter says, the persons taking part in this mischievousness (who wish to be unnamed for the sake of their reputation) have a certain love of hand sanitizer that may be quite questionable.  The class, as one student says, is divided undisputedly: to toy with the so called “Fly-G” and their good name, or to shield the clueless teacher’s books from airborne gel.

Several accounts point out obvious misuse of hand sanitizer.  A possibly exaggerated story says that one slightly loopy student once cover his/her desk in half an inch of pure GermX, letting it gloop onto a carpeted floor.  Supposedly, after the room was evacuated of gagging students and cleared of the nauseating fumes, the student claimed that he/she was simply cleaning his/her desk.  One teacher says that the mischief makers probably have the cleanest desks in the whole school.

Our reporter says
that although there is no proof that this one story is true, she  can say that she counted at least five bottles of various hand sanitizer brands, one (full) that she estimates to hold a gallon.  The students say that they got it around Christmas, but refilled it earlier that day.  Also, our correspondent notes that she saw extensive stains on the walls of the classroom, not noticeable to absent-minded teachers, but obvious to the sharp-eyed.  These grey stains reach from floor to ceiling and invoke a curious question: how did they get there?

Our journalist has the answers all here.  She says that, “The problem is not the hand sanitizer (although it is part of it).  It is teacher supervision, or should I say lack of.  The way to fix this is all in the teachers.”

Students who have witnessed these lapses of student control agree.  Some say that removing the GermX might be good.  Others point out that the pupils would just get more from the extensive cache of hand sanitizer.  One students announced, “We have considered banning GermX.  We have considered removing it from the class room.  We have petitioned for teacher’s help.  There is nothing else we can do without a teacher’s authority.”


The X.A. Gazette hopes that this issue will be sorted out.  Students wait with baited breath for the authorities to step in and do their work.  Will the teachers settle this problem, or let it continue?  We have yet to see.



I love to write opinion articles, because they always end up being so...deliciously vicious.  :-)
I'm considered showing this to my english teacher, because most of the problems are in her class.  I've also considered just arriving early and dropping it off at the front desk anonymously so I don't offend anyone.  All of the stuff in this article are true.  The "possibly exaggerated story" in the middle is exaggerated, but it did happen.  What do you think?  It can't offend anyone because it's true.  It's like what my mom says: you don't like the truth?  change the truth.

Well, I'm out of here.  Comment and say if I should show it, drop it off, or leave it be.

4 comments:

Grace Ann Trevillian said...

that is sad but not surprising. Wow a whole inch! that's one bummer of a school day! :)

Grace Ann Trevillian said...

I meant to say that the intoxication roof it would make it one bummer of a school day.

you should keep the article,Noelle. it was very informative! thank you. I know know that to much germ x can get me out a school! ( mom probably won't be to happy, though. ) :)

anybody like Hogan's heroes? post if you like or you don't or you don't know what it is and you want me to tell you.
( it has nothing to do with germ x) !

theChalkGirl said...

What in the world is Hogan's heroes and are you sure it has nothing to do with Germ X. Btw, it is NOT me doing the whole germ X thing and an inch is an exaggeration (deliberate exaggeration though)

theChalkGirl said...

It was more of a quarter of an inch and we did not, ah, how did I put it, "evacute". However, we did open the door and all of us (except the trouble maker) were gagging.