Stories with you from my personal writing journal. They're both about rain! Hope you like it!
Rainy Day Cupcake
On a quiet rainy day, I'm looking out the window. It's pouring and the smog is everywhere, even inside. The site makes me sad. Mom's in the kitchen, and Daddy's at work already. School's not for another half an hour.
So I take a swirl of happy, a cup and a half of smiles, and a full quart of excitement. I mix it in with a dash of shooting stars and a pint of sunshine. I wash out the rain and grey and bake my creation with a summer day. Then I add some rainbows for icing and flowers for sprinkles and wrap my creation in a sunny day's clouds for paper. Then I eat my rainy day cupcake to cheer me up.
~Noelle~
For Aunt DeeDee
The Rain Coat
My bright blue rain coat is sitting on my dresser. It's always been there for me, on all those rainy days. It's always protected me from the snow, sleet, and rain. It made sure that the soaking mist never got to me. It was loyal to me, but it has a big gaping tear now. Mom is telling me to throw it out. I look at her, and then I look at the rain coat.
I keep my bright blue raincoat.
~Noelle~
For Mia
8 comments:
Nice! Love to read your poetry.
This is so Awesome! Made my day especially since I've been cooped up in this house from this gloomy weather! Thank you! :)
Love Ya!
Aunt DeeDee
"a swirl of happy, a cup and a half of smiles" is a nice turn of phrase. I love when writing can help you visualize what someone else is feeling or thinking.
Also, it has been raining for weeks—weeks, I tell you!—in Seattle and I can use the pick-me-up your poetry delivers. Thanks for that!
Brrr...Gloomy is right. And :-(
Glad I could be helpful! I got the inspiration from this perfect book called "Rip the Page" (you should take a look at it)
I will definitely check it out!
Glad to know that this post came out the top visited for the last 30 days. Did you know that with the new look you are like ... voting when you visit a post? Vote carefully and have fun!
P.S.
You can see the top 5 visited any time you want - second gadget down on the right under the Blog Archive!
Post a Comment