Saturday, December 7

Christmas???

Hi.
I know I haven't posted recently.  I've been really busy and I'm sorry.  But now I'll make it up to you because I'm literally iced into my house.  Last year I got this thing in my stocking call "Frosty the Ever-Melting Snowman".  If you don't mind, allow me to give you a lesson.

How to make Frosty Melt:
You'll need:

  • White putty
  • Plastic pieces (top hat, goggly eyes, scarf, carrot nose, and two arms)
  • Patience

How to do it:
1. Break the putty into three pieces.



2. Roll pieces into spheres.

3. Stack the spheres one on top of another.
4. Place plastic parts in correct spots.
 5. And wait...
6. We'll get back to you in a bit….

While we are waiting,  how about I give you an expert from my handbook, Mythical Creatures.  It's brand-new and includes pictures and diagrams.


Mythical Creatures
N.M.




Fire and horns,
Trickery and wit
They’ll get you
Be prepared for them
With this book
I’ll tell everything
That I know
All of the monsters
Of the world.


1:
Scaly creatures
Dragons, Wyvern, Hydra
Beware the ones with the wings, claws, scales, and horns.  Among these are the Dragon, Wyvern, and Hydra.  Although they are affirmed as “mythical” they are well known around the world.
Because of this, it is hard to identify these creatures.  If you were to ask to different people about Dragons, one would describe a scaly, cold hearted beast that hords gold and another would tell you about a majestic, intelligent creature.  I have done my best to tell you the basics of each.
Dragons
Dragon
These creatures have different characteristics depending on what you believe.  They have a basic quadruped build, with a serpentine neck and tail.  They have leathery or scaly skin, claws, and fangs.  They are carnivorous.  The possibly most obvious feature on a dragon is the wings, which have a similar frame to a bat’s.
Dragon Wing
Bat Wing
Another important part that most people agree on is fire.  Dragons supposedly can breath fire, which is a dangerous feature you should note.  Also, make note of the fact that, because of their blazing abilities, dragon’s heads are almost all bone, making it very hard to penetrate. A definition of a dragon is “a mythical monster like a giant reptile”.  Some dragon descriptions:  In European tradition the dragon is typically fire-breathing and tends to symbolize chaos and evil.  In East Asia, it is usually a beneficent symbol of fertility, associated with water and the heavens. 

It actually has a really cool handwriting font to make it look like I wrote it, but it wouldn't copy right so(you get what you get for a free blog maker).  Ah!

7.  And wait...
8.  And WAIT!!!
9.  Until it's all melted.  Poor Frosty.
10.  Re do.  :-)

Where was I?  Oh yes.  My little handbook informs you about all the most common mythical creatures and how to defend yourself from them (if they ever happen to become un-mythical).  Among these are the phoenix, sphinx, manticore, and kraken.  Images included (here are the animal photos, but all the diagrams are not in here.
Mermaid

Sphinx

Dragon

Unicorn

Hydra


centaur

Chimera

Faun or satyr

Griffin

Hypogriff



Kraken

Manticore

Minotaur

Pegasus

Phoenix

Sea serpent or Lock Ness Sea Monster

Wyvern
Ok, I'm hungry…LUNCH TIME!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! I want a Frosty the Ever-melting snow man! Maybe I need to ask for one in my stocking this year!
-Marjorie

Unknown said...

Harry potter rules!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Harry potter rules!!!!!!!!