Friday, August 8

Popcorn Zoo

I recently went to
The Popcorn Park with my Mom and OG (my grandfather).  If you have been, comment "Go Popcorn Zoo!".  Anyway, if you have not been, it's this little animal park where many abused and mistreated animals find a home.  Like Gina and the other tiger housed with her, which were meant to be shot on a regular basis for fun and lived in a dirty trailer.  Or BooBoo, a black bear that had her claws taken out so a petting zoo could offer to take a million photos a day of her being nursed in the lap of tourists.  The list goes on and on.

Anyway, this has been the one zoo I have ever been to where you are allowed to feed the animals!  They sell bags of popcorn which you can feed to all the animals (the tigers do NOT appreciate this!).  They also LET Canada Geese nest and drink water here.  The deer exhibit is amazing.  The whole heard will come up to you and they have an albino one!

We had a great time and went to Rita's afterwards for water ice.  It was SO yummy, as usual.  I got my fave - cherry and mango.  With one of those cute tiny taste tester spoons!  I love those little things.  If you love Rita's comment "Rita'a Rocks!!!".  :-)

I have to show you this hilarious video of the goat we were feeding...tomorrow!  Hahahahhahahahaha!  LOL.

~Noelle~

No comments: