Friday, March 7

Feeling Blue

No, not down in the dumps!
There IS a difference!  But recently, I've been feeling really blue.  You see, I've been feeling this way ever since I wrote my short story "The Rain Coat".  Dedicated readers will know what I'm talking about (this is a hint that you should be one of those dedicated readers).  Anyway, I've been feeling SO blue, I decided to wear my old favorite newsboy hat to cheer me up.  It's got a patch work of eight panels on top and little flaps that swing down to warm up your ears.  Unfortunately, since I've cut my hair short and my head's grown (I've always had a big head anyway), it now makes me look like Mario.  I didn't wear it to school for this reason, but I don't mind being cyber-laughed-at so here's some pics.  You'll know what I mean by feeling blue in a minute.

See: blue!  This is my "bright blue rain coat" that I wrote about but it doesn't have a tear.  Also, a plain blue shirt that matches everything, the formerly mentioned newsboy hat, jeans, and one of my trusty pair of no-show socks (I'm not into socks.  period.)

So you can see my hair!  Without it sticking out from my Mario hat.

Leopard print!  This is what made me fall in love with this trench coat.  I'm not really stretching, btw.
a) isn't the trench coat so cool!  b) my coat is brighter than that, more like the first three pics.

5 comments:

we3ernes said...

Don't be blue, you still have your hair! Nice redesign on the blog. Well done!

we3ernes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theChalkGirl said...

Thank you! I really like it too!

Ali Basye said...

I love the blue trench coat! Why are so many raincoats the color of a black, brown, or grey? This blue is anything but "blue!"

theChalkGirl said...

I know! It makes no sense. How about hot pink! So many people have hot pink everything, then get stuck with a grey rain coat. I don't get it.