Tuesday, February 18

Oasis.

The weather has been
Sunny, warm and cloudless, so I've been spending my weekend in tee-shirts and shorts.  I am ready for summer!  Even though it's only February, it's Texas.  I'm confident in it's hot reputation for warming up extremely quickly.  As for you peoples over on the East Coast, my pities.  Not really!  Just glad I'm not in your place!
The sun streaming into our secluded oasis of a living room makes me want to run free of chores, school, or the annoying stitches I get in my side when I try to run farther than a football field.  Or tromp through the woods, minus misquotes, deep "quick mud" that I used to run into (I once had to clean a friend's socks off in a river because of a patch of that stuff) or thorns.  Or go on an endless zip line.  I swear that light has hypnotic abilities, not to mention being semi-concrete.

No comments: