Wednesday, November 28

I am not only a military kid, but I homeschool and am a single child.  For those who haven't had the chance to be a homeschooled kid, it is NOT an all day pajama party!  In fact it is just a mini school in your house.  For us, I read a school book a breakfast and then I am in the school room by eight o'clock (sharp).  From there on we do school non-stop, including lunch.  (I read a school book then too)  The advantage is not only do you finish early, but you have a more extensive relationship on your learning.  It is not just your teacher, but it also your parent, so you feel more comfortable in one-and-one experiences.


For those who have not gotten to see her, this is our dog, Skoshi, who has recently turned two!  The collar was her birthday present, along with a bow, from me.

10 comments:

Ali Basye said...

I'd like to see a close-up photo of Skoshi's collar. Did you make it? I love the picture of the foil art project you posted earlier!

auntie em said...

Noelle, have read all your posts and they are very interesting and tell a lot about how you look at life. Your dog is precious!! I too, was sad to leave friends, especially as I got older, but I LOVED being an AF brat, living all over the world. Felt it was the best life possible because it gave me an appreciation that people live different ways, expanded my awareness and openness to "differentness." I'll be looking up mollusks later, and I agree that the bottom one is gorgeous. Good getting to know you better at the cabin and I'll write more later. Love you girl.

Pam said...

Skoshi is a cutie! Did she go with you to the cabin?

Anonymous said...

A really sweet dog - she loves to burrow under your blanket and snuggle. But, be careful - when she gets excited, she uses your lap as an launch pad - claws are sharp!

Ogee

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ogee! You are such a wuss. Skoshi means little, right?But I can't remember in what language. (I have so many.)

Maybe you should get a dog that's too big for your lap?

I see that you don't know how to select a profile either.

Your big sister. (Otherwise known as one of Noelle's really great aunts.)

theChalkGirl said...

One of Noelle's really great aunts,

Skoshi means 'a little bit' in Japanese. Her full name means 'My Little Bit of Love' which she is, although I have had more than my fair share of claw scratches. Ouch! OG is right, it HURTS sometimes.

Noelle

theChalkGirl said...

Your post was very helpful! Thanks about the mollusks...

theChalkGirl said...

:-) Ogee's right! Her claws HURT!

theChalkGirl said...

No, there is only one pet friendly cabin and that was occupied by our relatives....

theChalkGirl said...

Ha, noelle, you shouldn't do this before bed either...I just copied myself!

Ha, noelle, you shouldn't do this before bed either...I just copied myself!