I Might Make A New Blog....
Called Help For Military and Homeschool Tweens (or something like that) At any rate, I'm talking to my good friends Genna, Elena, Lizzie, and more now. Post in the comments - what parts of the blog do like? What don't you like (if anything - I tend to make awesome stuff LOL). Email me if you can, or call me.
This will be the first post on Help4Tweens.
"If you are a homeschooler or a life-long military girl, don't feel alone. I have been an Air Force brat all my life, and kindergarten was my last experience in a any school outside of my house. Some times you're proud of who you are, and others, you wish you were normal. For me, to help balance it out I tell myself 'what if normal for me?' And I realize that I'm doing what is just normal for me.
This doesn't always work. We just moved to Texas (all courtesy to the Air Force) and I've been trying my best to make some friends before school starts. Anyway, mom was introducing me to the local religious ed group and she mentioned that I'm a homeschooler. This boy (who was a jerk, no offense to him) all the sudden turned up his nose at me. Really! And when I went to the Japanese steak house, our cook (it was a cook at your table place) said 'Well, I think that kids should be exposed to the world and go out there and make friends and just be a kid sometimes' when we said I was homeschooled.
It hurts when people act like this. It hurts when people ask where you're from and you don't know the answer. It hurts when people just don't get it. But just remember you're not alone.
Help4Tweens is for girls like you and me who just wish that they could talk to other girls like them Maybe one day it will become a separate blog, but until then I will on post on here. Feel free to tell your friends about it and to give them my blog address. If you like my little idea, post in the comments section and make it a big one."
The End? What do you say at the end of a rousing online speech?
No comments:
Post a Comment