Mammal Genealogy. Totally.
I am going to do this as a detailed outline. Note: {This is genealogy} [this is pro-nun-ci-a-tion] and (this is juicy little notes on the side lines)
Order Canivora [kar nih' for uh] (sorted out by carnassial teeth)
- Family Canidae [kan' ih day] (true dogs) {Caniform}
- Wolves {Canis Lupis}
- Coyotes {Canis latrans}
- Red Foxes {Vulpes vulpes}
- Artic Foxes {Vulpes lagopus}
- Jackals {?}
- Dingoes {Canis familiaris dingo} (dingoes are not another type of true dog but actually a micro-evolved domestic dog)
- Domesticated Dogs {Canis familiars}
- Raccoon Dogs {Nyctereutes procyonoides}
- African Wild Dogs {Lycaon pictus}
- American Black Bear {Ursus americanus}
- Polar bear {ursus maritimus} (I'm running out of screen time)
- Sun Bears {Helarctos malayanus}
- Giant Pandas {Ailuropada melanoleuca}
- Brown Bears {Ursus arctos} (also know as grizzly)
- Badgers
- wolverines
- otters
- martens
- ferrets
- weasels
+Sub-Order Pantherinae
- Lions
- Tigers
- Jaguars
- leopards
- Panthars
- Lynxes
- Domestic Cats
- Cheetahs
That's all for now folks!
3 comments:
I love bears. :)
Like at the popcorn zoo?
Hate to tell myself, but that was boring.
Post a Comment