Sunday, November 18

Homeschool Art Class:
Foil Picture

This is a foil picture that I did for home school art class.

Supplies:
• Cardboard
• A pencil
• Permanent markers
• Foil
• Glue
• String
• Scissors

Instructions:
1.  Draw a pattern, landscape, still life, or just random lines on the cardboard (or card stock).
2.  Using the string, scissors and glue, trace your drawing with string, so that the create ridges where your pencil marks were.
3.  Allow to dry.
4.  Cover with tin foil and smooth.
5.  Using permanent markers, color where there are NOT ridges.  Finished!

4 comments:

Pam said...

This is a cool idea, Noelle! I wouldn't have guessed that permanent marker would show up that well on foil, or that it would dry well on foil. I will have to try this idea with Jake sometime (Nick is not allowed to use permanent markers!!!). :) Thanks for the fun idea!
Love,
Pam

we3ernes said...

Pam, Noelle says to start small and work from the inside out because the permanent marker can smear while it is wet. Cereal boxes make great cardboard for this.

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

OG

theChalkGirl said...

NOT MY IDEA!!! Just saying... Although the teacher did say color the entire thing, but I like it just the way it is.